**I’m not a heartless bastard so this post contains no spoilers**
I, like many fans throughout the world, have spent the last two weeks completely immersed in the Star Wars universe. Firstly by re-watching all of the films in preparation for the new one and then eagerly watching The Force Awakens on Thursday.
So here are some things I’ve learned:
- It is always ok to skip Episode 1 and no one will judge you for it. Seriously.
- A marriage can survive the age old argument on which is better; Empire Strikes Back or Return of the Jedi.
- The Kylo Ren 3D glasses make me look like Kanye West. Kylo West:
- Toddlers are old enough for lightsaber duels.
- Toddlers will bite the foam lightsabers.
- The FX lightsabers have gone up so much in value that I wouldn’t let my four year old niece touch them.
- You can now buy a Kylo Ren FX lightsaber. Buy it here.
- You cannot get hold of a Mace Windu purple lightsaber for love nor money.
- I should have bought them all when they were £40 a pop.
- I have awesome friends; one of them even took the day off to avoid the post film discussion with me.
- The fan theories are driving me insane. I have no idea who to believe.
- BB8 sold out on Amazon within hours of the film hitting cinemas.
- I want the BB8 app controlled droid so badly that I’ve turned into Verruca Salt.
- I neglected to tell my dad about the price of said droid when he was shopping for it in London and received this text in response:
- I am apparently the go-to fan girl in my family and all questions seem to be coming in my direction:
- My circle of friends has and will see it more than once. Some of them in the same day.
- There are loads of fun things to watch online. Like this.
- The Holiday Special is not one of them…for the love of god do not watch it.